Kristy Colley, LMT (NCBTMB)
Kristy graduated from the Utah College of Massage Therapy (ACCET) in 2005, where she became licensed with the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork. She has over thirteen years of experience as an LMT and Craniosacral Therapist. She is a Certified Educator of Infant Massage, Certified Pre- and Peri-natal Massage Therapist, and Certified TummyTime! Tutor. She is certified in using the HATLFF for identifying variations in lingual frenulum function (tongue ties).
Kristy has served a variety of specialty cases with infant and children, using a myriad of modalities for her treatments that often combine the functional movement and assessment of kinesiology with therapeutic manual therapies to optimize whole-body function. Kristy utilizes her strong understanding of whole systems to recognize systemic patterns of dysfunction and develop comprehensive treatments for her patients. Some integrative therapies used include (but are not limited to): myofascial release and unwinding, neuromuscular re-education, reflexology, craniosacral therapy, speech language massage, infant massage, and movement assessment related to neurosensory development.
Specialties seen by Kristy:
- Postural, mechanical, and soft tissue asymmetries
- Gastrointestinal issues, colic-like symptoms, and reflux
- Latch and feeding difficulties
- Development delays of functional movement
- Oral restrictions such as tongue tie, lip tie, and buccal tie (www.ankyloglossiabodyworkers.com)
- Low tone of mouth, neck, and facial musculature
- TummyTime! education and classes. (Please visit www.lovetummytime.com)
Kristy is the mother of one son, Maxson, who she considers her greatest and most precious teacher. Drawing value from her personal experience, she emphasizes improving the quality of the parent-child relationship and enhancing parent-child interaction patterns. Children and their caregivers work together often during sessions to maximize outcomes.